Why I keep a diary

 “Hello, I am your heart. The thing that bounces for joy, sometimes hurts and that always shows you: you live. Do you forget me every now and then Do you not take good care of me every now and then? I notice that when I have a headache because I’ve been working overtime again. When I notice that I haven’t contacted my best friend in two months. I came to tears in the supermarket just because there was no more milk. It’s not bad, everyone feels the same way. But maybe I should remember you now. You and I have a lot to talk about. “

Time and life are racing. Sometimes even past us. In everyday life with all its treadmills, we do not always notice that our wishes and needs fall by the wayside. We are always busy working through lists and not forgetting anything on the to-do list. It’s no fun and is even unhealthy in the long term. To prevent permanent frustration, there is a simple means: write a diary.

Diary: Not childish

Forget pink children’s books with a padlock. There is nothing childish about writing down the thoughts that are preoccupying you. You don’t need much for this: a notebook or notebook that you feel comfortable with. And a fountain pen that glides effortlessly over the paper. We at Mein RothStift are particularly impressed with the Faber-Castell grip fountain pen. It lies comfortably in the hand, is available for right and left-handers and can be equipped with different and unusual ink colors. And – although no one sees it if you make a mistake – an ink eraser can be very helpful.

A conversation from me to me

The most important thought when writing a journal is: You don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Nobody gives notes on calligraphy, sentence structure or content. I now detach myself from the demands that are brought to me from outside, because this is my own intellectual realm. I don’t have to describe in detail how my day went. I prefer to concentrate on my emotional world: How did I experience my day today? Was there a moment that made me happy, sad, angry? How did I react? Was that right? What would I like to do differently in a similar situation in the future?

I don’t need a lot: notebook, fountain pen, ink eraser and ink.

If I let myself be carried, a conversation arises between the lines: From me to me. This is the great gift of the diary: thanks to the pen in my hand and the patient paper, I deal with it myself. I formulate thoughts that were previously only floating around chaotically in clear sentences. I spin ideas further, develop other approaches and discover new perspectives.

“I take time for myself.” The diary stands for mindfulness and careful handling of yourself.

Fountain pens are easy to hold.

Effects in everyday life

I benefit from these dialogues not only while I am writing, but also very practically in everyday life: If I actively deal with my train of thought, I can take better responsibility for my actions. I get to know it more intensively, I can easily set priorities and develop more self-confidence for myself, my wishes and ideas. I am becoming more satisfied and relaxed.

Find writing routines

It is nobody’s business what exactly, but also how often I write. If I only sit at my desk once or twice a month and feel really comfortable with it, that’s just as fine as it is for someone who opens the notebook twice a day.

Favorite time and place

Sometimes I notice that writing a diary is actually good for me, but still can’t find enough space and time to do it. Then it is helpful to develop a writing routine to consciously integrate the diary into everyday life. I was looking for a place where I felt comfortable. That was the café around the corner, the garden table on the terrace or my favorite cozy armchair. Here I made an appointment – daily, every few days, weekly – with myself. To write. It helps to develop a routine during the times as well. I always come home around 5 p.m.? Then I’ll write a few lines before I take care of the house. Or do I particularly feel like talking to myself for a few bars in the morning? Then I get up 20 minutes earlier and take out the notebook in the quiet of the morning when everyone else is still asleep.

Diaries tell of life

What I shouldn’t do: write a journal just to be able to read it later. This type of writing requires a lot of discipline and loses authenticity. Of course it’s great to be able to leaf through old, well-worn diaries years later. But when you notice how much a diary supports me in everyday life, the notebooks will accumulate all by themselves and I will be surprised how high the pile gets over the years.

For me, diaries are sensitive goods. Here I am deep inside. I know how important and valuable that is. Write a diary – a little reminder every day – maybe in a few years you will laugh about it

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

I love to read

I am a loner