Everyone should read this before planning their next destination

 

goals of life

I can’t even count the number of times I’ve flipped plans in Excel spreadsheets or put them on to-do lists. Regardless of whether it was about something physical or financial and how it should grow and how I grow personally, until I … what do I know, I’m three or four meters tall and stand on stages and inspire halls full of people … if I do only do X and Y and Z and a lot of it and several times a day

And how good it felt, this planning, the idea that I will then pull it off like never before, that this plan will change everything, especially myself and my behavior – when in the past I kept making plans and haven’t implemented a bit.

What can I say, most of my plans have been fantastic. Unfortunately not for me.

And that, I think, is the most important thing we should know about planning:

The best plan is the one you pull through.

And all other plans are bad, no matter who suggests them, no matter what you read or hear or what you feel obliged to do in a certain way.

If it were now 2012 or so, then I would advise you to use certain smart criteria according to which you can tap the plan with your mind, concepts, studies and so on, until your head is even fuller than it already is. Meanwhile, years later, I have at least found for myself that a plan is good if I answer YES to two questions:

Does the plan feel really good to me?


Do I really believe that I can implement it?

Namely me as I know myself and not me as Hollywood version 2.0. which suddenly ticks completely differently overnight, is disciplined without end and simply android-like pulls down one to-do after the other, as if it were nothing.

You could close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and then ask yourself the two questions and see if that feels resolved and joyful and motivating, your plan. Or rather after sick pressure and excessive demands or sadness (I myself sometimes actually notice sadness, maybe because I wanted to totally overwhelm myself again, as if I were worthless if I didn’t do a lot).

If there aren’t two loud YES, we can save ourselves the hassle and frustration and anger with ourselves in the first place.

If, unfortunately, we haven’t managed to permanently only eat cucumber peel or post on social media fourteen times a day to build up our online business or write to thirty women daily on dating sites to find love and move out with mum, although of course it was nice to have my clothes laid out every morning.

In any case, I’m never tired of saying: We overestimate what we can do in one year and underestimate what we can do in 5 or 10 years.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Why I keep a diary

I love to read

I am a loner